Why become a member? ×

How do people rate Markbass 151p traveler for soul/covers band

barklama

Hi everybody,

I am currently playing an EBS rig which i just love in my soul/functions band.. Its just the 4x10 proline cab is amazing sound but is a complete back breaker to keep moving around.... So was looking at buying a Markbass 151p traveler to play with my ebs reidmar super light head instead, how do people rate these cabs for the sort of music i am doing?

Would this cab be good enough on its own for backline as i play a marcusmiller fender jazz and a 90's warwick? I would be grateful for any advice as i have never played with markbass before...

thanks ant :)

I`ve not used the 151p, but in one of my bands all I use is the Markbass CMD121P combo, and it`s plenty powerful enough. For reference, the band is a punky-type band, with drums, 2 basses, 3 gtrs, and sometimes keyboards. The 121 holds its own, so can`t see the 151 not being up to it.

[quote name='barklama' timestamp='1369867739' post='2093858']
how do people rate these cabs for the sort of music i am doing?
[/quote]
A good friend of mine uses the Markbass cabs in quite a funky/souly functions band, with a Marcus Miller bass 5 - he gets an excellent sound that fits well with the band and genre. In fact, any time I've heard Markbass cabs used, and when I've tried them myself, they've sounded good to my ears particularly with a jazz bass.

I think Markbass cabs are an aquired taste.
They always sound too loose to me when I hear people use them...
I've not really liked the 210 Combo when used loud..( far better at low volumes )
or the 112 or the 115.
but if you are going for that 'soft' sound... might as well go the whole hog and look at Epifani, IMO.

Fortunately, the amps seem to go well with a variety of other makers.

I've got the 2x10 combo & couldn't rate it highly enough. I play in a funk/breakbeat/house/acid jazz band & everyone in the band has complimented the sound (though that's a mix of the combo, the bass & the effects).
Like chris b said though, get to a bass shop & try some stuff out.

I play the 210 traveller in my covers band, and my original pop rock band. I've used it also for a heavy rock band to and sounds great with all. I have used the 115p but only with the 210 and it was fantastic, go for it! Unlike JTUK, I actually really like the markbass cabs loud and they cope very well especially with very low notes through them. In the heavy rock band we did 'By The Way' and '..Brick In The Wall' in drop C# and the cabs just took it.

Really recommend them.

Dan