Why become a member? ×

Strings Question

vmaxblues

Hi Guys,

I have starting using a really nice Squier Silver Series Jazz I acquired on this very forum, but I am curious to peoples opinions on which strings best suit this bass. I understand this is a little subjective, but I bow to the great wisdom of the basschat machine.

Cheers

Stuart

Ah, the age old string recommendations. For me, I`ve found that going with the gear that many/all of my fave bassists use - Rotosounds in my case - has been the way to get the tone I like. So if all of your fave bassists use a particular brand, that would be a good starting point.

Try lots of brands and gauges and see what you like best!! What your fingers like best may not be what your ears prefer (and vice versa), so it it not an easy question to answer.

Flats or rounds? :rolleyes: :D

Have to recommend the Fodera strings which Molan and Bass Gear are currently selling, if only for the fact I won a set in The Herts Bass Bash raffle yesterday - very competitively priced too (in real life, not the raffle ;) ;) )...check with Molan..

Everyone will have their own picks...
For me is is about feel, sound and I like them to last more than a few weeks.

People can give you pointers about certain characteristics but there is probably
no way round trying a fair few brands and gauges ..and hoping you get lucky and find what you like
without too long a search... and with too much cost