Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic RH450 Classic & Barefaced Midget setup

Talbo

Not quite sure of what you are asking. Recommendations for what ?

If you're wanting to know how a TC RH450 (or their classic 450) goes with a Midget and a Jazz bass, I have no idea.
I will say that the RH450 is a slightly darkish amp, so wouldn't be a great match to a dark cab if you want any sort of sparkle.
What I do know is that the RH450 pairs beautifully with TC's own RS cabs.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1370208227' post='2097706']
I found the Midget a tad aggressive on mids, so that may well balance nicely with the above account of the RH450.
[/quote]

Th RH has plenty of mids available. It's just the very top end that you won't get. With the knobs flat the RH will start to roll off over about 3KHz I think, but the frequency graphs show that you can get the RH pretty flat up to about 8KHz with some knob twiddling but whatever you do you will get very significant roll-off higher than that

When I had my TC RH450 Classic I also had a cab that needed some boost at the very bottom end - not unlike the one owned by the OP. Unfortunately, the frequency response of the TC rolls off below 80Hz. So when I tried to compensate for a lack of low-lows by turning the bass control up I also boosted the upper bass, which led to boom. That and the clanky mids (IMO) meant that I couldn't get on with it. The non-Classic version has more sophisticated tone controls and might work better. I changed to an Ashdown MiBass, which allowed me to dial in the bottom end I wanted.