Why become a member? ×

NPD! Maxon AD-10

GazWills

Re-posted from Talkbass.... in case anyone is interested in hearing about the Maxon AD-10 :)

I've had a carbon copy for a while, and liked it. I have always wanted a simple, no frills, decent analog delay on my board, and the MXR has done me proud for some time. But a couple of things bugged me with the carbon copy:

1. It's quite noisy. I know it's an analog delay, and maybe you're not 'supposed' to use the longest delay settings with maximum repeat volume, but the hissing noise makes it pretty bad for creating ambient sounds / feedback. Which brings me to...
2. Feedback on the carbon copy, to me, is very much nothing or waaay too much. It is hard to set the pedal at the point of oscillation, but have it stay under control.

I picked up the Maxon AD-10 recently (had to order from Germany as nobody in the UK stocks it!). It arrived today, and I'm really happy with it. It is MUCH quieter than the carbon copy - still a very small amount of noise at the most extreme settings, but by far the quietest analog delay I've tried (I've tried quite a few, though none of the big, top $$ models). Also, feedback / oscillation is nicely controllable

The only problem is price, as the AD-10 is almost £200, compared to £130 for the MXR. But for me, definitely the best quality, small footprint, simple analog delay out there.