Why become a member? ×

***WITHDRAWN*** Brice V2 6-String Amber £150
£150

robwren

[font=Helvetica][size=3]I bought this about a month ago as a practice bass for my 3-week stay in the UK so that I could avoid putting my precious Zon TJ-6 in the hands of the American Airlines luggage manglers. As luck would have it, I was able to carry this bass on the plane, but I don't really want to carry it back. So, I thought I'd sell it over here when I leave. [/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3]Specs from the Rondo Music website:[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]-Stunning Quilted Maple top with transparent finishes, must be seen to be believed[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Bolt-on Canadian Maple neck for improved stability and comfort[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Solid Agathis body features a contoured back for hours of comfortable play and deep cutaways for access to all 24 frets[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Two active humbucking pickups give a thick, bright and punchy sound[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Two volume, one tone and one balance control help you find the sound you want[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-All hardware is diecast gold including the bridge, tuners, knobs, strap button and neck bolts[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Scale length is 34"[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Width of the neck at the nut: 2 1/8" at the 12st fret: 2 7/8"[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Thickness at the nut 7/8" at the 12th fret 7/8"[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Overall length: 45 1/4" not including the strap button.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Width at upper bout 10 1/2" Lower: 12 1/2"[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Body thickness 1 3/4"[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3]-Weight is only lbs 9.5 lbs[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3]It's really pretty nice for the money. It's nearly new and is in perfect shape. I will say that the electronics are not fantastic. It works as it did when I got it new, but in active mode it's very noisy so I've been playing it in passive mode. The bass itself actually plays quite well, the action is set quite low, plays in tune, etc. I think it's a great inexpensive bass if you're thinking about exploring 6-string, just starting out, etc. You could throw some better electronics in it and have a perfectly gigable instrument for very little money. I'm also including a nice RoadRunner gig bag, which doesn't come with this bass if your order one new from Rondo.[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3]I leave on Thursday, but I'm leaving the bass with my in-laws in Bristol all packed up and ready to be shipped. If by some chance someone in the Bristol area wants to pick this up this week, we may be able to meet on Wednesday…let me know.[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3]Since I'm not from the UK I haven't been on bass chat for long, but I've got some feedback on Talkbass.com (id: robwren) I don't buy/sell much, but my feedback is solid. I can ship it via Interparcel, and I prefer PayPal for the transaction. That's normal in the states, and I think it works well here, but if I'm mistaken let me know ;^)[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=136576:front.JPG][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=136575:bodyFRONT.JPG][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=136578:neckFRONT.JPG][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=136572:bodyBACK.jpeg][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=136577:headstockFRONT.JPG][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=136573:headstockBACK.jpeg][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=3][attachment=136574:RR gig bag.JPG][/size][/font]

Edited by robwren