Why become a member? ×

Ginger Baker in Cardiff

sarah thomas

What a day. Wandered into Cardiff to buy a cymbal stand for my man, decided to try an electric bass or two and ended up buying a Fender Black Top pawn shop jazz bass (two sets of precision pick ups) and saw a leaflet for a Ginger Baker concert. Bought tickets. Left my handbag in the music shop and had to dash back for it. If I hadn't, I never would have seen eighty or so naked cyclists riding past. Bizarre.

The Ginger Baker Jazz Confusion was the best concert I've ever been to. Fantastic. Awe inspiring. Alec Dankworth is incredible on the upright bass. Pee Wee Ellis is such a presence. Ginger Baker and Abass Dodoo are amazing. A must for jazzers and even the Eric Clapton T shirt wearing brigade were having a great time.

If you get a chance, do go and see them. Thrilling stuff.

[quote name='sarah thomas' timestamp='1371412996' post='2113637']
No, it wasn't a bad thing. It made me smile, and I'm glad I saw it. I don't think I'd bother going especially though! The women had made a little more effort, with pretty flowers painted over their nipples, that sort of thing. The men just let it all hang.
[/quote]

The men could have painted the hanging bits like pythons , unless of course they were only boys :P

ed . Im glad you enjoyed the GB gig , a previous band I was in were booked to play a blues festival with him , but lack of interest saw it off .

Edited by lurksalot