Why become a member? ×

Hi - and can anyone help?

lowdowneil

Hi

I'm a very experienced self taught bass player from Kent. I use a Hohner B2V through TC Electronics RH450 with TCE 2x 10 and 1 x 12 cabs for electric gigs. For acoustic set-ups I have a gorgeous Michael Kelly Dragonfly 5 fretless e/acoustic. Use a Hartke A25 for practice. Minimal effects - Octaver2 and chorus when required. I have dabbled with digital modelling and enjoyed a Variax for a while, but came back to the headless. Play mainly blues and soul.

I'm trying to get hold of another B2V or a Steinberger Spirit XT25 to expand my collection! However, they seem to be extremely difficult to get. I did email Gibson and they said Steinbergers would be shipping to Europe in June, but there seems to be no sign of them. The Hohners don't seem to be done in black anymore (I do like my black guitars). I was wondering if anyone on here knew anything about the lack of guitars!

Anyway, think I'll have a browse around the site...........................

Regards,
Neil

Welcome matey, browse to your heart's content, don't forget to chip into discussions but don't take anything personally as typed comments don't have the wry smile of the typist when you read them back ;)

I've no idea about your hohner/steinberger request but you could post an ad in the 'stuff-wanted' forum and see if anyone shouts up? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/forum/22-items-wanted/"]http://basschat.co.uk/forum/22-items-wanted/[/url]

Hi Neil,

Welcome!
I'm sure you'll find loads of nice stuff to read on here. Beware though: start smoking BC and you risk taking it intravenously very soon.

As to your quest, are you sure about the Spirit? If I remember correctly, people warn against it as being far from as good as a Hohner. At least, after reading, I went for a Hohner myself. You coulddo a search in the Bass forum within the Equipment section to check this.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert

[quote name='lowdowneil' timestamp='1371816226' post='2118434']
GAK are somewhat unprofessional IMHO because when they don't have any stock they leave it on their website and note it 'call' for delivery date!
[/quote]

Thats true, Can't say I've ever bought anything from GAK but a few friends have and they haven't had a problem in the past (unless they never told me!) I usually use Thomann for any music gear - just realized they also have them for sale - and in stock too and at a much lower price. If you haven't used Thomann before I recommend them, usually have really good deals, a lot cheaper than most places and good customer services. Bought from them for over 3 years now.

[quote name='lowdowneil' timestamp='1371816362' post='2118439']
[i]BTW Miss W - a friend of mine's daughter recently got the Vox Lil Looper (think that's the name) - and it is very good, especially for live work! And it's reasonably priced too.[/i]
[/quote]

Ahh brilliant thanks I'll look into them, only really had a bit of experience with the Boss Loop Station series (the RC3 & RC300)

No problem.

Yes, Thomann are great, used them several times. Unfortunately the ones they have seem to be the left-over lefties (no-offence to lefties intended :))! I did think about whether I could play one upside down, but decided the controls would both hinder me and could be accidentally adjusted at the wrong moment! Just have to see what happens to the wanted post. Neil