Why become a member? ×

Another Basschatter thinking of culling the collection ..

Over the weekend, I recorded two tracks on soundcloud . This got me thinking , as 1 of those tracks had no bass guitar at all .

So, although I have 9 , maybe a few of those should go. I haven't gigged since 2010.

Ones I will keep; Washburn status, dean cabby in lovely yellow;) jack Daniels bass.
Rest I'm not sure about .
For example, I could sell the schecter 5 string and tune another one BEAD instead. Fret less? I don't know .
As for effects; maybe I'm better off just using podfarm .
Amp; although I love the Aguilar setup maybe a small markbass or gallien k. May be better incase I do a one off gig .
Decisions decisions ;)

If you don`t need to sell at present, don`t - as Jack says, market not too good at present. Once it picks up, my advice would be if you don`t use an instrument/amp much, sell it. Keep what you use, and will realistically need.

Thanks folks! Yep, the market has been truly pants for quite some time. At least I'm not giving up altogether just yet. I realise that certain ones are rare,but not too expensive (jack Daniels/ Dean Cabbie), so they are keepers even just to hang somewhere. The washburn Status will stay with me also, as it's my first 'proper' bass, and feels the most comfortable to play. Plus I've had it years (bought from new).
The others are gathering dust... ;)

Up until recently I had five basses, then I decided to simplify things. I now have two and when the market picks up the Stingray will be going leaving one.
It really has made things easier. My bass feels super comfortable now because it's the only one I play & I can look in the for sale section and think 'that's nice' rather than 'I want it'.