Why become a member? ×

New Board Conundrum

pendingrequests

For the past 7 years I have used a Boss BCB-30 and only recently, had one of the famous black locking tabs broken off.

However, more varied session gigs have called for me pedals and a bigger board.

I really like the look of the pedal train stuff, specially the Pedaltrain Mini and have been recommended by various people. But, I can see myself going back to my Boss board every now and again, due to spacing available on stage.

If I went with the PT Mini, it means applying velcro to the pedals, then occasionally taking them off the board and putting them into the BCB-30. If I am constantly taking the pedals off and on, surely the velcro will slowly come off the board and I will have the hassle of re-applying it every few months? Or am I doubting the power that is velcro?

Should I just take the hit and go for the bigger Boss BCB-60? I really don't want to, but it means, no velcro and easy switch to the smaller board.

Thoughts/opinions?

I've had a pedaltrain for years, always changing it about and never had to replace the velcro! I think it'll last a lot longer than you think.

And sooner or later you'll want a pedal that isn't a Boss pedal, so I'd make the switch now!

Edited by dannybuoy

I think it's more down to personal preference. If you did get a pedaltrain and put velcro on your pedals i'm sure they would still sit fine in your BCB-30 as it's moulded.

I used the BCB-60 for about 3 years though and different pedals weren't a problem as you can cut the foam to suit. I also found the neatness of the power/patch cable routing to be very handy!

Both are good, popular pedal boards and have their pros and cons!

Paul

Heavy Duty Velcro (the Velcro stuff, not hoop & loop tape from £savers) will hold your pedals solid. The adhesive on the tape is solid too.

Have a look at these chaps for boards (a member here)...

https://www.facebook.com/ReallyAwesomePedalboards

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1372672143' post='2128257']
I've had a pedaltrain for years, always changing it about and never had to replace the velcro! I think it'll last a lot longer than you think.

And sooner or later you'll want a pedal that isn't a Boss pedal, so I'd make the switch now!
[/quote]

Very true! thanks :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1372677449' post='2128351']
Heavy Duty Velcro (the Velcro stuff, not hoop & loop tape from £savers) will hold your pedals solid. The adhesive on the tape is solid too.

Have a look at these chaps for boards (a member here)...

[url="https://www.facebook.com/ReallyAwesomePedalboards"]https://www.facebook...somePedalboards[/url]
[/quote]

Those look fantastic!