Why become a member? ×

Removing Decals ?

njr911

I think with the matching headstock, the Decal is under the lacquer, so you'd end up damaging the finish.

I looked at these, and tried sourcing a 60's Roadworn Jazz neck from eBay for it instead - You lose the Matching head though which makes it pretty.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Headstock-Decals-Buy-One-Get-One-Free-please-read-/221247854775?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item33836658b7"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33836658b7[/url] I bought one a while back from this guy, was easy enough to fit but you need to sand the finish on the front of the headstock right the way down to avoid making it look like you just sanded the logo area, and then you have to apply varnish, then the logo, then several more layers of varnish to do a decent job of it. Bear in mind that this massively devalues the guitar too. AndyTravis has the right idea, you'd be better off sourcing a new neck- Fender have started selling MIM necks separately for around £130 in the states, might be better off trying to import one of those and selling the original neck to offset cost.

You can't normally sand a metallic finish without altering the way it looks - the flakes are meant to sit upright within the colour layer then usually clear-coated on top. This may not be the case with these thick polyester finishes, but it'd be a risky experiment!
If someone wanted to do this who already had the bass, they could try carefully rubbing the decal with acetone (just in case it's done on top for economy reasons), acetone wouldn't damage the polyester but should take off any unprotected decal.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1372701320' post='2128814']
That's fairly inoffensive as decals go isn't it? I wouldn't have known it was the Biffy logo and I quite like them.
[/quote] This that decal is pretty small personally if it was me I would live with it seems like alot of hassle to remove something so small