Why become a member? ×

NOBB day (New Old Baby Bass :-) )

Clarky

I sold this original 60s Ampeg Baby Bass in May 2012 and the prescient Dave (aka TheRev) predicted I would buy it back within six months. Well, the principle was right although it was a 14 months gap in the end. Anyway, with the exception of the characteristic UVEX whiff (which I will never get used to and Mrs C is somewhat unhappy about in her sitting room!) I am delighted to have this retro, uber-cool beauty back. May even play it at our album launch gig next Monday

[attachment=138166:P1040316.JPG]

Where's the *smirk* smiley?

Clarky mate, if you didn't cycle so much gear around the community then most of us would never get the opportunity to try all these lovely bits of kit, safe in the knowledge that if we don't like it we'll be able to flog it back to you. It's a public service, really.

Still can't believe you've sold on your BigE though - that will definitley end up back with you...

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1372838012' post='2130420']
Still can't believe you've sold on your BigE though - that will definitley end up back with you...
[/quote]
If I played jazz or any style of music where there was space for the DB to be heard I would still own the BigE. In my band I may as well be playing through an Ampeg stack :lol:

I've wanted to have a proper go on one of these for ages, ever since I heard Cachaito playing one on the buena vista live show segments, sounds pretty good, obviously not quite as good as a full acoustic but a damn good sound and a very distinctive looking little thing too, glad you got it back mate!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1372838180' post='2130424']
If I played jazz or any style of music where there was space for the DB to be heard I would still own the BigE. In my band I may as well be playing through an Ampeg stack :lol:
[/quote]
Ignore the horrendus kazoo playing...this was my third gig with the BigE at a VW rally, just set up on the grass with the vocals going through the PA

http://youtu.be/2T3wuVgfsYw

I truly love this cab - loads of definition and I'm running at about 3/4 the volume I used to use with my BFM Omni10.5

I'm considering ordering another...... 8x5 would cope with any potential gig I could throw it it.