Why become a member? ×

Sabre bass project parts *WITHDRAWN*
£215

For sale are the parts i have been collecting to produce a sabre copy bass. But ive decided to save and buy a real one at some point in the future.

So here are all the parts that i have made/collected for this project.

First up are 2 Bartolini pickups, MM sized. One has an inny logo, the other an outy. Ive no idea model wise, but one is thicker than the other. They also come with 4 wires for coil tapping, as well as a shield. One has some marks from string use which you can see. (the one on the right) £55 a piece.

Next up are the control plate and neck plate that i made myself out of stainless steel. The control plate was copied from a printout of an online template, and i think that it would be able to serve as a replacement, but thats just a guess. The neck plate was taken from a picture of a sabre one, and copied as closely as possible.

£20 for the control plate, £15 for the neck plate. No screws im afraid.

Next is the maple (obviously) neck, taken from a vintage [b]brand[/b] stingray copy bass, and sanded down, with a home made decal applied. took me three attempts to place it correctly and lacquer it too. It includes the tuners/machineheads. The holes will need a little clearing out as there is dried lacquer in there preventing the bushings fitting correctly.

£60 for this beautiful neck with all its 21 frets.

Lastly is the bridge. Its got the correct orientation of the saddles (screws go into the right hand side on all of them) as well as the strings posts that so many copy bridges miss out. £10

So there we go. If you have any questions, just let me know. Postage will vary for the item size, but wont be more than £5. Probably about £3 for most of the stuff.

Edited by tommorichards

• 10 months later...