Why become a member? ×

FS: Delta Bass 300 FS 2x8 combo *SOLD PENDING THE USUAL*
£200

Beedster

Lovely little thing that weighs a bloody ton. Picked up in a trade with Greg (Shaggy), but with the recent acquisition of a Mesa Walkabout for EB and DB, this is now surplus to requirement.

It's a pretty ugly but very high spec twin channel combo with removable 19" rack mount head. Some discussion here [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/delta-bass-300-2x8-combo-info-needed-558027/."]http://www.talkbass....needed-558027/.[/url] I've used it with electric bass, mandolin, guitar and DB, and it works well with all (helped no end by the 2x8 drivers and acoustic channel on the latter instruments).

I've some pics somewhere but can't find them at present. Will post ASAP. I did however find this set on flickr

[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/61226690@N07/sets/72157627635086095/[/media]

I suspect that it might in fact be the actual amp I'm selling (I think this flickr account is a BC member so I sincerely hope the member in question doesn't mind me using them?). Also comes with a Rocksolid cover.

Collection/meet-up fine, courier is an option but it'll be around £30 as it is not light!

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Going back through its past, I think it was yours patch006, and yes, it was once a very expensive piece of kit, apparently retailing at over £1000 in the late 80's/early 90's. It's a pretty powerful, well voiced and versatile unit, and at £200 an absolute 100% bargain - I'd list it at £400 to be honest but I think Greg paid circa £200 for it so that seems a fair price. I'd say with some confidence that this is up there with a lot of far more expensive equipment from far better known brands. I'm tempted to keep it for guitar/mandolin but now have a nice acoustic DI so I can play my guitar through the Walkabout.
C

Hey Chris - sad to see you're selling, but Walkabouts are hard to beat! (back to using mine now :) )

Yes, I paid £200 for this, but one driver was shagged so I immediately replaced both with brand new uprated cast-chassis 150W units specifically intended for bass, and they've had no hard use since - also had the Roqsolid cover custom made. So over £300 total to me altogether - £200 is a barg

Cracking little combo (and it's tiny) - yes, heavy for it's size, but that's because it's completely indestructable and produces FAR more low end then you'd expect from 8" drivers. These were designed by the Overwater guy too.

Plus no-one else will have one......

Keep coming back to this little brute, despite being a Genz lightweight user.

I do like 8" drivers and the additional channel designed for piezos would be great for DB, uke, etc.
Chris, does the combo itself push out 300 watts at 4 ohm, or is it 8 ohm and an additional cab is needed to suck out the full beans?

You're a long way away though..

John

Thanks for the above guys, seems to be a popular little fellow (Greg, I'm sitting in a hotel in Swansea as I type, apologies for not contacting you as promised, but baby 2 still hasn't arrived so everything's been a bit of a rush, arriving at around midnight last night).

John, in answer to your question, yes, it's very good for acoustic instruments, and I believe that the speakers are 4ohm (I hope Greg will confirm as he replaced the original as mentioned above), so yes, it does produce 300w. Long way yes, but when you live in West Wales everywhere's a long way. I'd happily courier it. We could also meet around Bristol if needs be, I'm hoping to pop down that way to look at a fretless soon.

Chris

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1373524196' post='2138501']

Chris, does the combo itself push out 300 watts at 4 ohm, or is it 8 ohm and an additional cab is needed to suck out the full beans?
John
[/quote]

As Chris says; internal drivers are 4 ohm (2 x 8 ohm), more puny originals were 8ohm (2 x 16 ohm)

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1373568037' post='2139182']
....feeling like I've been caught in this little beasties traction beam..Bristol is about an hour from here.
[/quote]

Ha ha, I can check out postage options as well John?

I remember seeing these in Bassist magazine as a naive, googly-eyed 14 year old... Of course such amplification was beyond the realm of dreams in those days, my 10w Prime was all I needed. :D

P.s. I may have misunderstood your earlier post Chris but are congratulations in order?!

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1373637642' post='2140009']

P.s. I may have misunderstood your earlier post Chris but are congratulations in order?!
[/quote]

Ha ha, I meant the little one had not arrived whilst I had arrived very lats the previous night in Swansea (what a great place by the way, coastline like the Italian Riviera). At least we know now that one way or another she'll be with us early to mid next week.

Hope all's well Ben

C