Why become a member? ×

My turn with the Bass Relay

ubassman

Don't know how many fellow BC'ers have been following the Bass Relay thread?

The idea is really simple , BC'er Jim Ryan has donated his bass guitar and its being passed on up and down the country from BC bass player to BC bass player (just a like a barton in a relay race). All you have to do is play it at a gig and have a whip round to raise funds for Cancer Research UK.

Last week the bass was played by Rhino Edwards at the Status Quo who gigged at Falkirk Stadium and tonight its my turn to play it at Proms in the Garden at Haddon Hall. What and incredible contrast !

Heres the tough part because it involves your involvement : before clicking away could you do at least one of the following three things?

1/. Spread the word by Liking the Facebook page or following the Twitter feed ( see links below)
2/. Make a small donation - there are 14,000 people who have opened the BC relay - if everyone donated £1 well .....!!)
3/. Think about joining in the relay - the bass is in Derbyshire at the moment - grab it whilst its here PM me if you are interested?

Cheers and thanks to everyone in advance - Bass players raising money for Cancer Research - can't be bad !

OK, you crafty sod, you win. Donation made (£2 minimum, gets converted to £2.50... Yay..!).

Now if 14000 folks who visit here do the same (or more; don't be held back..!), we'll get this 'ere cancer sh*t off our backs in double-quick time..! Go for it... :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1373721623' post='2140976']
OK, you crafty sod, you win. Donation made (£2 minimum, gets converted to £2.50... Yay..!).

Now if 14000 folks who visit here do the same (or more; don't be held back..!), we'll get this 'ere cancer sh*t off our backs in double-quick time..! Go for it... :mellow:
[/quote]

Yay!! 13,999 to go ! ....brilliant many thanks and cheers Douglas ( I'll be raising a toast to you tonight after the gig !! ...and anyone else who will be kind enough to donate ). Bass Chat raising funds for Cancer Research UK !

Well, I raised a total of £338.96 ( including gift aid ) last night for Cancer Research so really pleased. It was an orchestral concert at Haddon Hall, billed as Proms in the Gardens. The MC announced that normally I play Double Bass but for the next number I would be playing a special bass and introduced the BC Bass Relay. The orchestra played the Theme Tune to Rocky and we raised the money in 3 minutes that it took to play the piece ! Really fun as we used a coal bucket and anyone from the audience who wanted to donate had to rush up and put money in the pot whilst the song was playing !

Got good coverage on the local radio and will be on BBC radio Derby next week and in the papers ...just looking for the next BC'er now to come and take part - just click on the Bass Relay link below .