Why become a member? ×

Jon Lord heads up

Johngh

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1373840700' post='2142243']
It doesn't say it's on here. Says live at the apollo.
[/quote]
Maybe Shappi Khorsandi is going to give us her version of "Concerto for Group & Orchestra"......

I used to regularly see him wandering around our local Waitrose looking totally lost. He'd seem to walk from aisle to aisle and back again with hardly anything making it into his trolly. I always felt like volunteering to be his personal shopper :)

Seemed like a nice chap and always smiled back at people who recognised him :)

Unlike the Gallagher / Appleton partnership who looked as miserable as sin when I've seen them there!

On hols at the moment so will have to hope it's on iPlayer by the time I get home.

Yeah, a nice tribute although fairly cheaply done - Ian Paice was the only musician (apart from RW) involved.

I was at the gig where Don Airey took over - quite a moment when the lights went down and they changed places...

Shame it wasnt advertised a bit more widely - thanks OP for letting us know.

M

The small print shop i work in printed up the music for the RAH gigs Deep Purple did with an orchestra a (good) few years ago.
I was knocked sideways when Jon lord himself came in to collect the job, although was a bit embarrassed when the guy serving told him we didnt take credit cards and sent him off to the cash point.
Lovely guy though, very, very down to earth.