Why become a member? ×

Sale pending Lakland Daryl Jones 4 string in LPB and DJ-Retro
£595

mikegatward

Thinning out the collection by advertising this Lakland DJ4 in lake placid blue with maple neck and white block markers and inlays. The action is really low and it's a very fast neck to play

This bass plays & sounds great but there are a couple of issues

Firstly, it has unfortunately been slightly damaged by a courier and a slightly 'tight' box.

Damage is superficial (as shown in photos) with the 4 pieces of paint/lacquer rescued and carefully glued them back in-place (so, from distance, the body/finish looks OK) - they sat-in (prior to gluing) very neatly, but seem to have dropped slightly when glued.

Secondly, and I hadn't even noticed till a friend pointed it out, the headstock is a slightly different shade of LPB to the body

It is currently fitted with a John East DJ Retro and a jeannie tortoiseshell plate which required a bit of cutting. I didn't make a perfect job but it's ok.

I still have the original control plate and electrics and also the original white pickguard which I'll include in the sale.

Price is £595 ono based on collection from West Yorkshire. Happy for purchaser to arrange courier

It comes with a gigbag but I can include a fender moulded hard case for a little extra

If you don't want the DJ Retro, I'll reduce by £70 but be aware the tortoise plate won't be a flush fit with the original control plate, you'd be better with the white.

Edited by mikegatward