Why become a member? ×

another loft find,look legit?

Why not message him and see if he is happy for you to check it out prior to bidding.

Thirty years of the fluctuating temperature and humidity of most loft spaces, could cause an awful lot of damage.

But if the price stays low then it could make a good restoration project.

The last two numbers of the serial number look slightly wonky, so I would be having a close look at that.

Probably legit but the very mention of moisture + as Gary says temp & humidity could mean more than a few problems. If it's been stored 30 years with only a E string on, in those conditions I'd be pretty certain of the neck being warped, maybe badly - from his description it seems the body would need a strip& refin, + I expect the electrics would need replacing, all in all, probably a expensive restoration & not for the faint hearted! :D

Yeah - go & have a look - then let us know ;)

Edit: Serial checks out 77-78
http://guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx

Edited by KiOgon

If it had been stored as such wouldn't you expect to see a hell of a lot more corrosion to the metalwork? And I thought you only got that sort of bloom in the lacquer if it was high humidity when it was sprayed? The rest of it looks too clean but I'm a cynical git.