Why become a member? ×

GT6B Effects setup

Talbo

Dear all,
I have just bought a gt-6b and am confused by it!
Does anyone know if there is a memory assigning mode. What id like to do is attach multiple effects to each pedal. Ie 1. Octave and distorion 2. Delay and chous 3. Clean 4. Something else. Enabling me to switch between effect without turning pedals off before turning another on. Basically I want to avoid tap dancing on the pedals!

Anyone?!

Take a look here for the basics:

[url="http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-6B_Q&A.pdf"]http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-6B_Q&A.pdf[/url]

I had one many moons ago, you can certainly assign several effects to each patch and program a patch to one of the switches. Have fun and be patient with it, as with all multi effects there is a learning curve, but its a pretty cool unit!

[quote name='Talbo' timestamp='1374826508' post='2153607']
Thanks or the link! Can anyone give me a very succinct explanation of how to achieve what im after? The instruction manual is baffling...
[/quote]

Good morning, Talbo...

Have you played around with this yet..?

[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"]H[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="4"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="4"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="4"][color="#2e434c"]ow [/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"]D[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="4"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="4"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="4"][color="#2e434c"]o I Edit Patches[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/b][font="HelveticaNeue-Light"][size="2"][color="#6aa3e6"][font="HelveticaNeue-Light"][size="2"][color="#6aa3e6"][font="HelveticaNeue-Light"][size="2"][color="#6aa3e6"] [/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][b][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold-SC7"][size="5"][color="#2e434c"]?[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/b][/left]
[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]The GT-6B has 80 User patch-memory locations in which you can store your own patches. The EZ Tone feature helps you create your own patches quickly by providing 30 templates for you to work with. Use the following steps to create a User patch using EZ Tone.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b][/left]
[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]1 - Press the EZ TONE button.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b][/left]
[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]2 - Turn the PATCH/VALUE dial to choose the patch that’s closest to the one you want to create.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b][/left]
[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]3 - Use the knobs and the buttons under the knobs to adjust the patch’s characteristics.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b][/left]
[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#da0000"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#da0000"]Note: [/color][/font][/color][/font][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]As each knob is turned and as each button is pressed, the screen shows the currently selected parameter and its value.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b][/left]
[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]4 - Press EXIT to return to the Play screen.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b][/left]
[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]5 - Press WRITE.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b][/left]
[left][b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]6 - Turn the PATCH/VALUE dial to select a User memory location in which to store your settings as a new [/color][/font][/color][/font][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#6aa3e6"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#6aa3e6"] [/color][/font][/color][/font][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]patch.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b][/left]
[b][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]7 - Press WRITE again to save the new patch.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/b]

[font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]...Give it a whirl, then come back with specific things you need to do, but can't...[/color][/font][/color][/font]
[font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"][font="HelveticaNeue-Bold"][color="#2e434c"]Hope this helps...[/color][/font][/color][/font]

Unfortunately for pedals 1, 2, 3 and 4 you can only assign:

1: Compressor or Wah
2: OD/Distortion or FX-1
3: Chorus or FX-2
4: Reverb/Delay or Sound on Sound

Using the "Pedal Assign" feature though you can assign multiple effects (e.g. Compressor Off, Distortion On, Octave On) to the expression pedal switch or the Bypass/Control pedal. I think you can plug in an additional switch pedal to use as well if you have one of those.

Okay so a little Pedal Assign guide... I'll use using the [i]CTL[/i] pedal to turn the compressor on and off as an example.

[b]Pedal Assign[/b][list=1]
[*]Press the [i]Pedal Assign[/i] button to the left of the [i]Tuner/Bypass[/i] button.
[*]Using the [i]Parameter[/i] buttons, find the settings for [i]Assign[/i] X. I'll use[i] Assign 1 [/i]as an example.
[*]Press [i]Pedal Assign[/i] to turn[i] Assign 1[/i] on.
[*]Press [i]Parameter Right[/i] to choose a [i]Target[/i]. Find [i]CL: On/Off[/i] for Compressor/Limiter: On/Off using the [i]Patch/Value [/i]wheel.
[*]Press [i]Parameter Right[/i] again and set [i]Min: Off[/i].
[*]Press[i] Parameter Right[/i] again and set [i]Max: On[/i].
[*]Press [i]Parameter Right [/i]again and set [i]Source[/i] as [i]CTL Pedal[/i]. (Set it to[i] EXP SW [/i]if you want to use the switch underneath the expression pedal. The [i]SUB [/i]settings are for external pedals.)
[*]Press [i]Parameter Right[/i] again and set [i]Mode: Toggle[/i] otherwise holding the pedal down will turn the compressor on and letting go will turn it off.
[*]Pressing[i] Parameter Right[/i] again shows you [i]Act. Range Lo [/i]and pressing it again shows [i]Act. Range Hi[/i]. You want [i]Lo[/i] to be 0 and [i]Hi[/i] to be the maximum allowed. (It should be like this by default).
[/list]
You can repeat the exact same process for each of the [i]Assign[/i] banks (1 - 8) so that one pedal turns multiple effects on and off.

Edited by dSix