Why become a member? ×

Um....right. Don't think I'll be applying to join these...

Ian Savage

[quote name='Ian Savage' timestamp='1374934867' post='2154944']...I mean, SERIOUSLY? :o :o :o
[/quote]

Exactly; I see what you mean, and I understand the shock. No, you're right, it's [i]NOT[/i] a P bass. :o :o :o At a guess, I'd suggest a badly tuned copy, perhaps Italian. Shocking, indeed.
The guitar work is a tad sloppy, drums less than 'so so'. I couldn't catch the lyrics, it's so badly 'sung', but I don't think I was missing much. Was I..? Oh, really..? Oh, dear me. No, I don't think I'll go back to see.
Very sad times for some folks, it seems. It must be very frustrating going through life with all those misconceptions and grudges. To be pitied, really.
(...[i]but then again, what would I know..? I am, myself, an immigrant worker, albeit in France.[/i]..)

Edited by Dad3353

There's a big niche market for a band like this . They have hit on the novel idea of making music for people who are both stupid and deaf , and probably quite unpleasant too . There are plenty of such folks out there .

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1374939209' post='2155018']
Some people are born singers, some achieve singing and others have singing thrust upon them.

Couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!
[/quote]

Well yes, but a lot of punk bands were not exactly blessed with even half-decent singers either.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1374940687' post='2155043']

Well yes, but a lot of punk bands were not exactly blessed with even half-decent singers either.
[/quote]
True, but at least they sounded like they meant it.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1374939510' post='2155024']
I am not too hot at getting the 'story' with songs, is there any chance that it is tongue in cheek or from the perspective of a Brummy bigot but not the one singing? ( I say singing......)
[/quote]

I suppose that might be possible , in the same way that it might be possible that singer is actually a gifted Jazz vocalist who is in fact using atonality and advance chromatic harmony to produce that memorable performance, which to the uninitiated and musically uneducated sounds like talentless , tuneless and painfully out -of- tune shouting .

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1374938865' post='2155012']
There's a big niche market for a band like this . They have hit on the novel idea of making music for people who are both stupid and deaf , and probably quite unpleasant too . There are plenty of such folks out there .
[/quote]

I saw that crowd once ... Oasis iirc :ph34r:

I been looking for a band round Brum as well, pickings are a bit slim lately, apart from the usual nutters. Hadnt seen this one, but I think I'll pass. :P

Having said that, aint Britain great ? When you consider that in the countries/governments a lot came here to get away from, you'd probably disappear in the night,never to be heard of again for recording something like that. :D