Why become a member? ×

Looking for a Ibanez GSR180 22 fret neck. (read description to find out why)

pastjacob

It was my first payed gig today, I'm 14 you see, I've had this bass for a good 3-4 years now and it has just broken today, the neck at the second fret has cracked and I need to find a new one to be able to sell it on for a reasonable profit. I was just wondering if anyone would have a neck for this? It can be any neck that would fit, just some advice on what I should do would help as well, thanks!

Jacob F-D

If you can get it to a decent luthier, there's a good chance it can be repaired & be all the stronger. You haven't filled in where you are. If you do, someone local to you may be able to help. Sounds like your bass has fallen over & it has parted at the scarf joint. This is usually a very easy and successful fix.

Welcome to the forum. Stick with us & share you experiences & listen to good advice given in good faith.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

Ahhh yeah, sorry , I'm from Lincoln in UK. I shall have a look around for a good place to get it fixed, what would be cheaper though? Replacing it or getting it fixed? It's a small crack either side of the second fret and it has made the head of the bass bend out of shape a little. Thanks for the help!