Why become a member? ×

FS/FT. Ampeg SVT 300 power and SVP-Pro pre **BOTH SOLD**
£800

Beedster

Bought from Shaggy (original post at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/109149-ampeg-us-made-300w-all-valve-racked-amp-head-gone/page__p__1610818__hl__ampeg%20power%20amp__fromsearch__1#entry1610818"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1610818[/url]). I'll post new pics later tomorrow.

I thought I'd want to try numerous preamps (I have a few) but I played this combination and realised it's perfect, no more messing about (well, you know what I mean).

However, for gigging, I'd prefer a straight forward head as opposed to separate pre/power stages, and would perhaps prefer something slightly lighter and less powerful (I do not need 300w of Ampeg tubes). Therefore I'm happy for a straight trade despite the risk of financial loss my way. Rack case and LEDs included of course.

I'd consider splitting.

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='roonjuice' timestamp='1375898230' post='2167163']
i have one of these.
Cadillac of valve power amps
I'm actually tempted to get it myself so i can run an elecrostatic stereo hifi all valve, at proper power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEAT
[/quote]

+1, used to think it was the Mesa Strategy, but this thing has so much more character.

[quote name='roonjuice' timestamp='1375964152' post='2167954']
Well..... The Svt would be a race tuned Dakar rally land rover pickup, and the Mesa would be a Porsche 911 turbo lemans ( in my blind eyes) :)
[/quote]

Ah, I see, Just realised that had I read you original post I might have been able to read between the lines and infer the link to a certain US manufacturer also :rolleyes:

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1376631388' post='2177003']
Still can't find any info on the 'new' v4b
[/quote]

Seems to be quite a lot of it out there although AFAIK they're not in the shops yet.

SVT-300 sold pending the usual. SVP still up for grabs

C

Just noticed this too late...... :blush:

Lovely rig, which I only moved on as I was DI-ing. I'd always meant to pair the SVT-300 with an Aguilar DB680 pre - what a rig that would have been - but the SVP is a very nice pre-amp indeed, great in the studio too.
Greg

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1376733372' post='2178470']
Just noticed this too late...... :blush:

Lovely rig, which I only moved on as I was DI-ing. I'd always meant to pair the SVT-300 with an Aguilar DB680 pre - what a rig that would have been - but the SVP is a very nice pre-amp indeed, great in the studio too.
Greg
[/quote]

Thanks Greg, I'm still loving the MK-35, hope the same's true with the SJ-200? The SVT is simply too big and too loud for me so I'm downgrading to something slightly less manly! Hope all's well down in the Urban South!

C

...had to laugh, I was the original owner of this set-up before I sold it to Shaggy - didn't realise it ended up back in North Wales !

Monstrous tone when all put together, back-breaking weight !

[quote name='mxm' timestamp='1377962338' post='2194156']
...had to laugh, I was the original owner of this set-up before I sold it to Shaggy - didn't realise it ended up back in North Wales !

Monstrous tone when all put together, back-breaking weight !
[/quote]

The tone's perfect isn't it. Just run it all flat and you're in bass heaven! Weight doesn't bother me too much, problem is i just don't get the sort of gigs that require 300w of Ampeg tubes, so am 'downgrading' to a V-4B! Played through the pre into my desk earlier and it sounded sublime even without the big old tubes in the power amp
C

I loved it so much that I ended up getting a full SVT classic / 8x10 set up. Pubs around Chester and Wrexham loved me for that.

Sadly that never really captured the aggression of the 2 piece rack set-up !

Is that a recently announced new V-4B ? Sounds like a plan.