Why become a member? ×

Holiday season

ubassman

I've never been one to sit still on a beach and my wife has gotten used to be usually taking a bass acoustic guitar on holiday sat quietly going brown on the balcony. Bass guitar is obviously not the same as a DB and I always get twitchy to get back on one. So, this year I have bought a Stagg EUB - the neck unscrews from the body and will carry on a plane. Just doing some mods so that it plays better with a bow ...but I got to say I am impressed - theres a really nifty little socket to plug headphones as well as a socket to plug in a lead from a computer or MP3 player !

Call me sad but Im going to have a great time on my hols in Greece playing to my hearts content , having a coffee, a swim in the sea , bit more playing , glass of vino ...paradise! Anyone else taking an instrument away?

...or is it just me !! :rolleyes:

I usually take a banjo with me. As we've now got a v young baby though and the amount of "sitting inside" time on holidays has increased dramatically, and as you can only play the same handful of banjo bluegrass standards so many times, a collapsible EUB may be the ideal next investment...

Yes, I will be taking my Eminence RN away with me this year, when I'm working up in Scotland for a couple of weeks based in a Premiere Inn.

I've owned a Soloette classical guitar for many years, which packs away quite small and I also have the Licenced Aria Sinsonido fretless bass, which doesn't pack up quite so compact, but is much smaller than taking the real thing away, when needs must. However, as I'm still very much a 'student' of the DB and it's that which needs the most practice so I'll be able to go away without feeling like I've lost a couple of weeks of progression!