Why become a member? ×

monster cables

bobbytodd

About 5 years ago I bought some leads from Award Session. They made them quickly, made with good material and have never let me down even though I am for ever standing on them.

But in the future, I would get them from OBBM and keep things in the Basschat family.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1376227548' post='2171000']
IME, by the time you've got Klotz (or Van Damme) cable and Neutriks connectors you've got as good as you're going to get.

Anything else is just brand hype and makes b*gger all difference. :)
[/quote]

I've got a Klotz cable too , also very good , and has lasted about eighteen years so far , and my Whirlwind heavy duty XLR to phono cable is still going strong after nearly twenty five years , so there is a lot to be said for buying good quality cables in terms of it being cheaper in the long run .

Edited by Dingus

+1 to whirlwind.
I have 3 cables a mate gave me about 17 years ago. They're still fine, through gigs, rehearsals, hinge practise and studio work.

The Klotz patch cables I had dramatically "dulled" the sound, so I never have investigated the full-length ones. Hopefully, they're better...