Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly repair

apl4

I have an Ashdown Superfly 500 amp that I'm trying to repair. The Superfly has 2x250w power amps onboard. One of mine has blown.

Ashdown UK can't supply components to repair, and unfortunately, Ashdown try to diguise the discrete components on the board. I've managed to identify the power amps ic's, marked ADU27, as a TDA8927. I still need to identify the chip ADU29, if anyone can help.

The amp boards are marked HB01050 D300W VER050426. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement board? Or, does anyone out there have a Superfly with a busted channel that I could buy off them?

[quote name='apl4' timestamp='1376471815' post='2174266']
Does anyone know where I could get a replacement board?
[/quote]Try Alto, that's who made them. Once upon a time you could download the schematic from Ashdown, but that was when they were in production and you probably didn't need it, as opposed to now, when you do need it. :(

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1376481353' post='2174476']
Try Alto, that's who made them. Once upon a time you could download the schematic from Ashdown, but that was when they were in production and you probably didn't need it, as opposed to now, when you do need it. :(
[/quote]
Thanks Bill. I'm assuming you mean Alto in Lauderdale, FL. I've sent them a message.

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1376501908' post='2175073']
There is also Alto the Italian PA company. they are distributed/repaired by Proel.
[/quote]+1. Nearly everything in the Superfly was sourced there. Some of the boards have the Alto name on them, probably shared by Alto branded gear.

Edited by Bill Fitzmaurice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...