Why become a member? ×

Peavey IPR 1600 Power Amp - Sold on the bay
£180

PURPOLARIS

Ok, let me start off by saying this power amp is super light (around 7lbs) and powerful enough for any gig when running 2x4ohm cabs through it. I've had this shake glasses off a pub shelf and off tables on another occasion. Sounds great when paired with my SVP Pro Pre (for sale in another thread)

Stats and pics are below

2-channel power amp delivers 530W at 4 Ohms, 800W at 2 Ohms per channel.

Part of Peavey's IPR Series, the IPR 1600 Power Amp uses an advanced design that allowed Peavey engineers to dramatically reduce weight while increasing output power, reliability, and thermal efficiency. The rackmount power amp has a resonant switch-mode power supply and a highhigh-speed class D topology that yields the supremely high audio resolution and productivity.

The Peavey IPR 1600 features two channels with independent, 100Hz crossovers and produces 530W per channel at 4 Ohms, or 800W per channel at 2 Ohms. Peavey's exclusive DDT speaker protection with multi-point clip sampling leads a protection-circuitry suite that also includes DC, Temp, Signal, and Active safeguards, all referenced on the front panel with LED indicators. It also features a variable-speed fan housed in a lightweight aluminum chassis.
Features
Class D topology
Two independent channels with 100Hz crossovers
Combi 1/4" & XLR inputs
Neutrik Speakon combo 1/4" outputs
DDT speaker protection with multi-point clip sampling
DC, Temp, Signal, and Active safeguards
LED indicators
Lightweight aluminum chassis

Edited by PURPOLARIS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...