Why become a member? ×

TRADED: 2008 Status S2 Classic 5 String plus case
£1625

Old Horse Murphy

Very reluctantly I'm putting up for sale a Status S2 Classic 5 String (thru neck). Easily the best 5'er i've played but alas, my old problem with my forearm means I need to let this go.

I tried this out at Bass Gear and fell in love instantly with it. The playability is amazing (strung with a brand new set of Fodera nickels) and the sounds are incredible too. My head said no but my heart won the day I'm afraid :(

The bass was built in 2008 and as I understand it, the body is ash with a maple top (lovely whitish clear finish with a beautiful dark grey pinstripe).

It has red side and front LED's (the side ones can be turned on without the front LED's) and is in super condition with no marks that I can see. There is a very small bit of wear on the fingerboard a la roundwound strings but it's not very noticeable and I am being super-critical.

The tuning pegs are a little bit tarnished and the gold is a bit faint in certain places on the tuners, but if you wanted to change them, Rob Green sells spares. It really is hard to notice though.

Weight-wise I would say 9-9.5lbs and it comes with the original Hiscox Status branded case.

The action is low and the neck is brilliant. I never realised what the fuss was with graphite necks until I tried one.

I'm looking for £1,625. I'd rather a straight sale but would consider trades for a US Fender Custom Shop Jazz or US Lakland Jazz (only 4 strings though). I'd also consider a p/x for a 2008-onwards US Jazz plus cash my way (£850).

Thanks for looking

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

'Old Horse Murphy'

I think it was his slightly camp uncle's once

MB1.
Ha Ha!
Jason King (Peter Wyngarde)
Department S...
Think Marcus would be a bit young to remember him?
He was Emperor Mings chief in Flash Gordon though! (Peter Wyngarde not Marcus that is!)