Why become a member? ×

Connecting Hydrive Extension Cab in Parallel

Corvine

When connecting Hartke Hydrive cabs in parallel, does it matter which of the connections I use as input and output?
They are both marked as input, and although the manual refers to them as 'Input' and 'Extension Output', the corresponding diagram seems to imply that it doesn't matter which is used for what.

Common sense and my guesswork would both suggest that because it's in parallel it doesn't matter which is in and out.
But I know very little about wiring, so though it best to ask some advice before I do something stupid!

Thanks

And following on from that, again just double checking that I've worked it out right before doing something dumb...

On an amp that goes to a minimum of 2 ohms, and has 2 speaker out-puts, it's ok to have a 4 ohm cab on one out-put and two 8 ohm cabs (in parallel) on the other out-put.

My reasoning is the two 8s equal 4, and with the other 4 that makes 2 ohms overall. Is that correct working out, or does the differing impedance of the cabs add up in a strange and illogical way? I think things add up differently in series, but should be nice and straight forward in parallel, y/n?

[quote name='Corvine' timestamp='1378155219' post='2196477']
On an amp that goes to a minimum of 2 ohms, and has 2 speaker out-puts, it's ok to have a 4 ohm cab on one out-put and two 8 ohm cabs (in parallel) on the other out-put.
[/quote]It's OK, but chances are slim to none that the cabs will have equal power distribution.