Why become a member? ×

10/10 For Watford Valves

discreet

Ordered some replacement valves after speaking to Derek at Watford Valves. This was at 01:30 yesterday.
They arrived this morning at 09:30.

Pretty good service! The valves have arrived before delivery of the preamp I'm going to use them in.
So 10/10 for Watford Valves... and I suppose 10/10 for Royal Mail too... unusually. ;)

[url="http://www.watfordvalves.com/home.asp"]http://www.watfordvalves.com/home.asp[/url]

Edited by discreet

They really know how to take your amp in the direction you want. I had a tour of the place about 13 years ago and I gather they don't do that anymore. It amazes me that if you tell them what you have, say what it isn't doing and they can usually suggest something to get you sounding the way you want. Great company

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1378301324' post='2198342']
...if you tell them what you have, say what it isn't doing and they can usually suggest something to get you sounding the way you want.
[/quote]

Yes, Derek asked me about what sound I wanted and recommended valves based on that conversation... he knows his stuff.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1378314653' post='2198530']
Hmm, I`ve e-mailed them a couple of times in the past, and never even got a reply.
[/quote]

I tried that too, to no avail. They're very old school... they don't really 'do' email even though their email address is on their website.
[size=4]You have to contact them via something called a 'telephone', after which their advice and service is truly excellent. ;)[/size]

Edited by discreet