Why become a member? ×

Gary Willis Fretboard Harmony *Book*

ML94

HI Guys,

Once again I have a question about theory but don't know if this is the right section.

I've just ordered this book and wanted to know what experiences you guys have with this book. What am i supposed to expect from this book. I've been reading around and a lot of people say it's worth putting the effort in as the results really show in your playing. Is this true? Just an over-view would be great and just a couple of points about the book and how it's helped you.

Thanks Guys

Manraj

The best way I can sum up this book is that the concept is excellent, but the presentation/teaching aspect leaves a bit to be desired. Having said that, I find myself coming back to the book often. I find that dipping in and out of the book is more beneficial, as (again IMO) it can be heavy going at times. At the same time, it is definitely worth persevering with.

Here are some comments from the "Talk Bass" forum.

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f22/gary-willis-books-31776/"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f22/gary-willis-books-31776/[/url]

Edited by Coilte

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1378390632' post='2199569']
The best way I can sum up this book is that the concept is excellent, but the presentation/teaching aspect leaves a bit to be desired.
[/quote]

+1 to that.

You do need to sort of 'understand' the way he is trying to present the information.
It's all good stuff but not as intuitive to understand first off as it could be.
I found it better to use this book alone while I was in the right mode of thinking to work through it.
When I come back to the book it takes me a while to flip my brain into the way the material is presented.

Good Book though.