Why become a member? ×

Ashdown horn fine or not?

Patchbass

Hi just got my new amp which is the abm 500 and 410 cab and I may be completely wrong but want to be sure as I have just got it as when I turn on the horn it sounds like it should but there's a slight buzz/ distortion sort of clipping sound coming from it and I was wondering whether its fine as its pretty unnoticeable and the horn is working or am I missing something here?

Does the sound happen all the time or only when you are playing. I suspect the sound is just electrical noise. Your pups and gitar lead act as an aerial and pickup all sorts of noises they shouldn't. Lots of this is high frequency stuff and will only be noticeable when the horn is on.

[quote name='Phil Starr' timestamp='1378885020' post='2205876']
Does the sound happen all the time or only when you are playing. I suspect the sound is just electrical noise. Your pups and gitar lead act as an aerial and pickup all sorts of noises they shouldn't. Lots of this is high frequency stuff and will only be noticeable when the horn is on.
[/quote] it happens when I play and the distortion sound is the same as whatever note I play so it seems like a sort of dodgy wire sort of thing and seems to be the horn and not other noise