Why become a member? ×

Should we tell them?

Geddys nose

i have told them heres the reply:

[font="Arial"][size="2"]Thanks for the tips. You seem to know what you're talking about. After your email yesterday I did a little research and with all the different models and series that are available, it was a little overwhelming. But then what do you expect from a drummer =/[/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]I didn't even know you could get fake Rickenbackers. But what sealed it for me was the sound when I tested it. It does sound amazing, so the thought that it could be a fake didn't cross my mind. [/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]Do you have any idea as to how much we might be able to retail it for?[/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]Thanks again for the advice and help, [/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]Jake[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]Cash Generator[/size][/font]

[quote name='stu_g' timestamp='1379259156' post='2210448']
i have told them heres the reply:

[font=Arial][size=2]Thanks for the tips. You seem to know what you're talking about. After your email yesterday I did a little research and with all the different models and series that are available, it was a little overwhelming. But then what do you expect from a drummer =/[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]I didn't even know you could get fake Rickenbackers. But what sealed it for me was the sound when I tested it. It does sound amazing, so the thought that it could be a fake didn't cross my mind. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Do you have any idea as to how much we might be able to retail it for?[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Thanks again for the advice and help, [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]Jake[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Cash Generator[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Answer: "Firewood" :ph34r:

It's sad that if you don't know your Ricks then it's best to keep well clear. But a while back I got shafted with a fake Fender. I sold it as a fake Fender. The buyers attitude stunned me - as long as the name on the headstock looked convincing it was in his view a genuine Fender.

Edited by Grangur

It's a nice looking bass and I am not surprised the uneducated may see it as the real deal especially with the genuine? name plate on the headstock of which you don't see many come up for sale....now I guess if Rickenbacker's stance was the same as Fender's lack of stance and there was a plethora of copy parts out there anybody considering taking one in trade is likely to be a little more wary of the possibility of it being a fake.

I see this as an unfortunate side effect of Rickenbacker's hard line approach to the fakers

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1379355413' post='2211687']
Gone. But I'm tempted by the Yamaha 5-er... anyone know what model it is?

And are their JJs as tasty as their PJs?

[url="http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/bass/yamaha-bb-bass-guitar-rg3987"]http://www.cashgener...s-guitar-rg3987[/url]
[/quote]

Is that a BB405? Only three knobs, so not a BB605.

Edit: That £160 seems a touch more than the going rate for a BB405. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-BB405-5-STRING-BASS-/151082021557?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item232d30b2b5

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1379355692' post='2211695']

Is that a BB405? Only three knobs, so not a BB605.

Edit: That £160 seems a touch more than the going rate for a BB405. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-BB405-5-STRING-BASS-/151082021557?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item232d30b2b5
[/quote]
Thanks, very interesting... I thought the BBs all had P pickups (I have a BB350 PJ), you live and learn. That eBay one included a hard case too!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1379357356' post='2211741']
Pulled. After receiving an email from a concerned member of the public.
[/quote]

I'm impressed that they actually did something.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1379356091' post='2211708']
Thanks, very interesting... I thought the BBs all had P pickups (I have a BB350 PJ), you live and learn. That eBay one included a hard case too!
[/quote]

It's amazing how a quick bit of googling can make someone look as if they actually know what they're talking about. That BB with a case looks a freakin' bargain to me.