Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! Epiphone EB-0, black, pimped £150
£150

Paul S

I am moving on my Epiphone EB-0 and, initially, will see if there is any interest in its pimped state before returning it to stock and selling it that way.

I bought it on eBay in pretty much as new condition. I imagine everyone knows the score with these - shortscale, lightweight (7.5lbs) skinny neck that is actually nicely put together. It suffers from the usual neck dive, I offset this to a degree by using a wide and rough strap. I thought it was well-built enough to justify pimping, so fitted a few upgrades - the industry standard ones for Gibson, let alone Epiphone!

First was a Dimarzio model 1 pickup. I put this in wired in series - you can put in a series/parallel switch if you like which is an easy fix, I believe. I bought this new from Thomann for £64 plus postage, which I think is the only place you can get one.

Hipshot Supertone bridge - these cost around £95 new! Absolutely superb bit of kit.

Also got one of Ki0gon's wiring looms which means that the pots actually do something now!

So - buy this for the upgrades and you get a free bass!

I took the scratchplate off and tried to fit it around the new pup, which is a slightly different size to the original. Messed it up completely so there are the usual small holes left in the body. I do still have it somewhere but it is next to useless. The body is in pretty much perfect nick with only tiny scuffs and marks.

Having done all that, the blues band project I put it together for came to nothing and the bass has sat there redundant ever since. I like the shortscale but have a Fender Musicman that caters fro that when I feel the urge so it is time to let this go.

I'm asking £150 in its present state, collected from South Benfleet in Essex. Or meet half way. Or I can deliver for fuel cost. I have no gig bag or case but lots of packaging and a box - postage will be £25.

[attachment=144566:eb01.jpg][attachment=144567:eb02.jpg][attachment=144568:eb03.jpg][attachment=144569:eb04.jpg][attachment=144570:eb05.jpg][attachment=144571:eb06.jpg][attachment=144573:eb07.jpg]

Edited by Paul S