Why become a member? ×

Bass guitar setup

ML94

Hi guys

My question is

Is it possible to set a bass up without the luthier keeping it for a week to notice 'changes'. Trouble is I have only 1 bass and now solidly practicing 5 hours a day and don't really want to stop that for a week. Borrowing another really isn't an option because I don't know anyone. Who has a 6 to borrow

The neck on that one will move instantly following a tweak and will stay there! definitely not more than 10 minutes never mind a week!
I only had to tweak it once when it arrived with me and it had got used to our house...can you not do it yourself?

I tried a 'setup' myself on my fender and that didn't to too well! I just have fret buzz on the first fret and can't even get harmonics out at the 5th fret due to being too low. It dosent amplify the buzz but it's not really pleasant and it sticks to the back of my mind!

[quote name='ML94' timestamp='1380232885' post='2222758']
I tried a 'setup' myself on my fender and that didn't to too well! I just have fret buzz on the first fret and can't even get harmonics out at the 5th fret due to being too low. It dosent amplify the buzz but it's not really pleasant and it sticks to the back of my mind!
[/quote]

I emailed alan and he talked me through what to do to when I had an issue?