Why become a member? ×

new amp - GK 1001RB ii

dmccombe7

Yep Looking forward to it but this time if anything goes wrong I can even drive to the shop in Newcastle. No exchange charges either. Lost approx. £50 from the Thomann Kilo disaster. Not Thomann's fault at all and they were excellent to deal with. Think a little more research should have been done on the Kilo which seems to have a few issues when you read the reviews from various bass sites.
I've read reviews from as many as I could before deciding on the GK 1001RBii and it was down to either this the 2001RB or Ampeg SVT4 but decided I didn't need the power from the 2001RB and Ampeg aren't getting great reviews on reliability at the moment. At almost half the cost of the 2001RB the 1001RB is a great value for money amp with some really nice features.

Of course there's always the issue of Amp GAS after a few yrs and we'll wait and see. At one stage I had 3 amps anyways so who knows.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Have i put it in wrong section ?
Was only a general comment that i had bought one rather than a review or anything like that.

If so apologies.
There are that many sections nowadays us old fellas get confused :rolleyes:

Other than that I'm fair impressed with it so far.

Dave

Until I've tested it at volume its gonna be hard to tell exactly how the tone sounds but at the moment with the Boost at 12-9 it gives a reasonable warm sound in comparison to flat sound which is very clean and sharp.

Definitely not a fan of Hartke now I must admit but its always nice getting new gear. Exciting to say the least.

Dave