Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Klystron - glow and burn

Devbass

Hi there - hoping someone can put my mind at ease!!

Just picked up my new (to me) Klystron 500 and cabs. Like an absolute idiot I accidentally plugged the lead from the line out into the speaker output! It sparked and gave a electrical burn smell but I pulled the cable out a split second after I put it in.

The amp seems to be fine and is behaving as it should, if a tiny bit buzzy. I was wondering if anyone can let me know if they think I've got away lucky with this or I should be worried? Tested it out several times since and no smell or obvious faults.

And yes, I do feel incredibly bad about my stupidity.....

Cheers

Devbass

[quote name='Devbass' timestamp='1380490312' post='2226195']
Hi there - hoping someone can put my mind at ease!!

Just picked up my new (to me) Klystron 500 and cabs. Like an absolute idiot I accidentally plugged the lead from the line out into the speaker output! It sparked and gave a electrical burn smell but I pulled the cable out a split second after I put it in.

The amp seems to be fine and is behaving as it should, if a tiny bit buzzy. I was wondering if anyone can let me know if they think I've got away lucky with this or I should be worried? Tested it out several times since and no smell or obvious faults.

And yes, I do feel incredibly bad about my stupidity.....

Cheers

Devbass
[/quote]

Hope it's OK for you - as already said the team at Ashdown are very helpful. Might be prudent to have an Amp Repair Man on standby... I have the same amp and it's fab so it will more than repay you with great tone and performance. One more thing...

Don't do it again!

:)