Why become a member? ×

ME-50B

beerdragon

Ok this may be a daft question but here goes. i have started using the above effects unit, but up to now only on one song. my question does the tone alter at all even when you are not using it bit still going throught unit.. i used it the other night and during thw warm i'm sure i could hear the difference when it was'nt plugged.

Edited by beerdragon

FWIW: Knowing the ME-50B would alter my tone even without effects applied, I used it to create my main tone - some compression, some eq and a small bit of hi-band drive.

That was my tone. Never didn't have that patch turned on, so my main tone was always consistent. For the few different sounds I needed, I set them up as new patches and always came back to my main tone patch.

Mark

[quote name='Phaedrus' post='221940' date='Jun 19 2008, 10:04 AM']FWIW: Knowing the ME-50B would alter my tone even without effects applied, I used it to create my main tone - some compression, some eq and a small bit of hi-band drive.

That was my tone. Never didn't have that patch turned on, so my main tone was always consistent. For the few different sounds I needed, I set them up as new patches and always came back to my main tone patch.

Mark[/quote]

This is the correct approach. Have some points!