Why become a member? ×

Warning.... Kappalite 3015 NOT designed for Bass!

skidder652003

18 minutes ago, Bassman Rich said:

Thanks for that Phil, sadly, I don't have any focusrite type interface, but after retiring from being an electronic engineer for nearly 40 years, and having my kit provided, I have bought myself a Fluke 75, the Fender USA P bass of test meters.

Ha ha, you can actually measure the TS parameters and calculate them from physical measurements using the added mass method but without the software you are in for some serious calculation even after your physical methods. It's a world of pain :) You can get a decent measurement using a stadard box and impedence plots too but again I wouldn't recommend it unless you need a new hobby. The theory treats the speaker as a tuned circuit with capacitance resistane and inductance standing in for the physical and electrical elements of the speaker. It's actually really interesting for a total nerd like me, a retired science teacher but not a practical proposition who just wants a nice sounding speaker. I think trying a 3cm cardboard tube in the tweeter hole will be an interesting experiment and sound ok at low to medium levels. If you really like it then you can always mod the cab with a bigger port tuned to the same frequency later on to preserve the sound with reduced wind noise from the port.

• Like 2