Why become a member? ×

Squier Precision Chrome & Black Special Edition

Jonnyboy Rotten

I have come across a special edition Squier Precision Chrome and Black Edition for sale:

I have a Squier one already but I am seriously considering swapping it for this as I love the colour matched headstock, jazz neck and option of jazz pickup.

Are they any good?

Will it be much of a difference/step up from my Squier Affinity Precision?

Anyone got one or played one can give some thoughts and comparisons of where in the squier line up it sits. If not I will wait and get a VM jazz or summat.

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1380635130' post='2228193']
Mmm...I thought this was a special edition in the 'standard' range, so in between the Affinity & VM ?
[/quote] It is from the Standard range [quote name='Jonnyboy Rotten' timestamp='1380631907' post='2228125']
I have come across a special edition Squier Precision Chrome and Black Edition for sale:

I have a Squier one already but I am seriously considering swapping it for this as I love the colour matched headstock, jazz neck and option of jazz pickup.

Are they any good?

Will it be much of a difference/step up from my Squier Affinity Precision?

Anyone got one or played one can give some thoughts and comparisons of where in the squier line up it sits. If not I will wait and get a VM jazz or summat.
[/quote]
IMO they're far better than the affinity's and not that far (if at all) behind the VM's. I've owned both the Special and the VM in the past, there's nowt wrong with the special if you wanting that P/J sound, sadly that pup combination didn't work for me and I used mine with the J pup constantly off.
Decent basses all the same. :)