Why become a member? ×

What's wrong with Crown XLS power amps?

dincz

The XLS is crowns 'Budget' amp, when compared to the XTi range (which you will hear many more positive comments about). The XLS amps are fine, but should only be compared to other lower range amps IMO. They are expensive for an entry level amp though as they are better than many cheaper ones and you pay a little on top for the name.

The Peavey is highly regarded as it is very well made and reliable - In performance terms it seems that the IPR is more comparable to the XTi range according to feedback online (though not as feature packed).

A very quick search led me to believe that the IPR aren't bridgeable, is this true?

I was also looking for a power amp but my quest was short having nailed a Ampeg SVP 1500 power amp. It's big and it's heavy but it pumps 1500W in 4ohms (bridge) :) Great sound! In the future i'll be looking in to buying a Crest Audio Pro-Lite 2000, they should be released on EU markets early next year.