Why become a member? ×

I also play bass

Trevorlution

Well..........it's kind of like this......been a soundguy for the last 10 years but a band I was in that split up 15 years ago fancied a reunion gig and even though I've been in 3 other bands since then and haven't played AT ALL for over 6 years I foolishly agreed. So rusty :) even though I used to do this for a living but I love what I do now. I'm lucky enough to have worked in music all my adult life and I'm perfectly happy to be out front looking back at most of you these days. No intention of going back to being a bass player full time, but I really shouldn't have gone so long without playing at all. Seriously most of my gear was long gone or just misplaced/sold/whatever so needed a rig for gigging purposes....... and this is it: What does it sound like? Awesome of course. All bought 2nd/3rd hand over the last few months because I really didn't have a massive budget...... apart from the bass which I bought new in 1991. Some of you may know me if you've played in Leeds so say hello if you do. And some of you are also soundpeople. Obviously Roon is not only a soundperson but a total bass gearhead and he works in-house at a venue down the road, DrThirkilstein drives Leeds bands all over the place and is a fellow Matamp fan but I've only been on here looking for bits and bobs for a couple of months and already spotted a few other West Yorkshire characters. So anyway, hi from Trev at The Brudenell...... and I must mention special thanks to that hairy Scotsman, Mr Iain Quimby for getting the Meat Preamp/DI made because it caught my eye when it made an appearance in Leeds a while back, so when it popped up for sale on here (via tayste_2000 I think and Lozbass) just when I was looking for an amp, I just had to have it didn't I?..............I just had to rescue it from Manchester and bring it back to it's spiritual home of West Yorkshire. And just so it felt more comfortable, the very next day I let another hairy Scotsman (Gary Stewart) use it for recording some live demos and he loved it. Anyway.....I need to practice!

Edited by Trevorlution