Why become a member? ×

oh dear, surely he means "very unlike a 1994 custom shop"?

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1381274553' post='2236961']
At least he's not claiming it to be a Fender neck I suppose.
[/quote]
but he is! the ad heading is '[color=#333333][font=Trebuchet,]Fender Jazz Bass neck'[/font][/color]
so I think that constitutes calling it a Fender B)

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1381277032' post='2236976']
but he is! the ad heading is '[color=#333333][font=Trebuchet,]Fender Jazz Bass neck'[/font][/color]
so I think that constitutes calling it a Fender B)
[/quote] [size=4]You're right, I didn't think it did, I was thinking of his description where he says "....very like custom shop 1994", but yes, he is advertising it as a fender jazz neck. He's even edited it, to say the neckplate is a V0****** serial number, further adding weight to the fact its a real fender American vintage reissue. Quite shocking. surely no-one will be so dumb as to think a fender neck looks like that?[/size]

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1381278073' post='2236981']
You were 15 hours later actually.....but whose counting? :P
[/quote] oops...sorry folks... :facepalm:
but feel free to duplicate your entries on my post too, if you've got loads of time on your hands :drinks:

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1381277922' post='2236980']
[size=4]surely no-one will be so dumb as to think a fender neck looks like that?[/size]
[/quote]

I guess thats what he is hoping for. An uninformed punter to bite! <_<

Edit, I see 4 already have. :(

Edited by Hobbayne

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1381277922' post='2236980']
[size=4]surely no-one will be so dumb as to think a fender neck looks like that?[/size]
[/quote]

Hi Rick, Im not dumb but I wouldn't know the first thing about fender necks. How about sharing your knowledge so its more 'common' and I can feel less dumb. thanks.

[quote name='Left Foot' timestamp='1384627503' post='2278955']
Hi Rick, Im not dumb but I wouldn't know the first thing about fender necks. How about sharing your knowledge so its more 'common' and I can feel less dumb. thanks.
[/quote]

After a previous thread, I googled how to tell a fake Fender. The conclusion I made is that it's very difficult in some cases. A separate neck is easier as you can see things such as the truss rod which are indicative. Similar for the neck pocket. But I found threads on the Fender forum discussing how difficult it was to tell in some situations.

[quote name='Left Foot' timestamp='1384627503' post='2278955']
[/quote]
I wouldn't say its 'my knowledge' that's important here, but a Custom Shop '60's Jazz reissue bass, would have a period correct, flush, crosshead trussrod nut. Not a protruding monstrocity this one has. Google 'fender bass truss rod' on google images, you'll see what I mean. There's other points, but that is so obvious it needs no further evidence to show it's not real.