Why become a member? ×

the Jetsonics & the Tuesday Club 25/10 - LEB, Lozz & Transistor Bassman

Low End Bee

• 2 weeks later...

So how was it? After recently missing gigs by both bands I'd consoled myself that I would be getting a double hit with this gig. Until it was sprung on me that I was covering someone else's work on top of my own - cue a 16 hour day. :(

Hope you guys had a blinder that was such a massive success that you're planning on a follow up soon. :)

Gig went well Musky, all three bands played well (well I`m told Tuesday Club did, always difficult to be objective when you`re actually playing, and not wanting to appear big-headed). Jetsonics were great as always, and The Cottonettes were good too. Audience was a bit sparse, maybe being the last weekend of the month people had run out of cash. Wasn`t empty but compared to the last time I went there both the venue part, and the pub part were nowhere near as busy.

Hopefully we`ll be able to arrange a further double-billing of The Jetsonics & The Tuesday Club, I think the music of the two bands works well together.

Just back in town. We lost a few to a rival gig in Putney and roadworks in TW8 (I was stuck on the way traveling the first two miles in 55 minutes!). More drifted in as the night went on though. The Cottonettes are a lovely compact punky trio with some hooky songs. I really like these boys.
I loved every minute of the Tuesday Club. Very chunky, tight sound and a really eye catching theatrical presentation. Great songs that minded me a bit of Sparks and Roxy. A really impressive set. Lozzes tasteful P bass playing sat perfectly in the mix and sounded great. This was of course due to my TC rig ;) The male singer needs locking up in a padded cell for his own good though!
We blitzed through and played a couple of new ones. I'm getting more used to the Eastwood bass and it feels very natural to play now. Love to play with the Tuesday Club again.