Why become a member? ×

Refinishing Advice Please

Low End Bee

I'm currently using two basses. My sparkly turquoise Eastwood Stormbird and my 3 colour sunburst Precision.
Now the P is a great bass but the acquisition of the Eastwood has made it look a very dull thing indeed. Especially when it's up against the guitarists Greenburst Eastwood Mosrite copy. I've never been very happy with the look of the bass but it was by far the best one of half a dozen I tried by some way so I've put up with it.
No point buying another bass if I'm very happy with the one I've got apart from the finish.
I'd like maybe a metallic silver with red competition stripes and a matching headstock.
Is this going to cost a fortune?
Anyone BCers can recommend for this sort of thing? Near West London if possible.

Edited by Low End Bee

Why not take it as an opportunity to learn how to re-finish yourself ? It's a skill I've learned myself, to save a load of money recently.
I wouldn't advise going for something complex to start with, but you could certainly have a go at a cool (surf green/blue) solid colour or something like that. I'll bet it would tart up the bass no end, and would probably only cost you £30-£40 in parts (paint and abrasives).