Why become a member? ×

USA Fender Precision fretless 1990's SOLD!
£750

Pinball

Hi, This is a really a feeler for a nice fretless precision. It is in great condition, it is a real looker and handles beautifully.

Serial Number is: N582195, which makes it 95 I think.

The story goes that a couple of years ago fancied playing fretless bass and was offered this beauty. I cost me a little more than my ability justified but I was totally blown away by it. Shortly afterwards I was asked to play lead guitar and didn't play much bass for the next year. Then this summer I started to play bass again but not fretless so I have no time to play it.

I have put the £750 price tag on it because I believe these are quite rare in good condition and I have seen some very high (ridiculous) asking prices and this appears to be cheap in comparison. If I'm way out no problem make me an offer as I would prefer cash.

Trades? I would also trade (or trade with cash my way) for a quality fretted 4 stringer or an active or passive 5 stringer with a 34" scale. Other possibilities include light weight amplification, such as a quality lead or bass combo capable of doing small gigs.

[i]Note: No 4 string jazzes, unless its a deluxe as I already have a nice passive Jazz and no Mexican Fenders please (I'm sure there are nice ones but I haven't liked the few I have played).[/i]

When I bought the bass the previous owner told me that he was the 2nd owner and had owned it for 16 years. He hadn't used it much but had always treasured and hung on to it because he felt it was "sonically correct", meaning that it sounds as good as it looks. I have been hanging on to it for the same reason in the knowledge that if I sell it I'm unlikely to get another as good. I can't see me playing it though so time to pass it on.

The pictures say it all. Strung with black nylons and lots of mwah.

The only thing to add is that the case is incuded for the right deal and I will post in Europe provided the buyer pays carriage and insurance.

[attachment=145848:P fr.jpg]

[attachment=145849:P bk.jpg]

[attachment=145850:P Bk grain.jpg]

[attachment=145851:P head.jpg]

[attachment=145852:P head Back.jpg]

[attachment=145853:P in case.jpg]

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1381778746' post='2243701']
How's about an Alien acoustic? Real one, not a Rockbass.
:)
[/quote]
Nice offer but don't think I'd play that either so its a no I'm afraid.