Why become a member? ×

Dave Bronze

casapete

Had the pleasure of catching Andy Fairweather Low last night at Ripley near Harrogate.
Really superb show with a great band featuring Dave Bronze. He was playing a Lake Placid blue Fender Jazz reissue with black nylon strings, into a Mark bass rig with 6x10 cab - sounded immense! I love Dave's playing - economical but right in the groove. He seemed to be enjoying it too, helped by having Paul Beavis on drums. A rare chance to see a world class bassist in a small gig. Music was a mix of blues / country / r&b / even gospel! Also a few Amen Corner gems thrown in along with some of Andy's previous solo stuff. Catch them if you get chance on rest of UK tour - dates here.
[url="http://www.andyfairweatherlow.com/#/tour-dates/"]http://www.andyfairw...m/#/tour-dates/[/url]

Dave Bronze is a superb player , and he has also got just about the nicest old Precision Bass that I have ever seen . I think Eric Clapton gave him it and it used to belong to Keith Richards. I like Andy Fairweather Low, too , and would have have loved to see the show.

Are you sure Dave was playing a Fender reissue and not his Lake Placid Blue Lakland Joe Osborn?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just back from seeing Eric Clapton at Leeds tonight, with Dave Bronze in the band.
Yet again superb playing all night, using previously mentioned blue Jazz and also an Epiphone Jack Casady goldtop
with flatwounds for the acousticy part of the set, which sounded brill

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1381676209' post='2242127']
I like Andy Fairweather Low, too.....
[/quote]

He's a great bloke, and a Cardiff boy too. :)
Played a festival he was also playing at in 1989 - our guitarists amp had crapped out on him late the night before & Andy let us borrow his Fender Twin for our slot.

• 3 years later...

Just got back from Scarborough after seeing Tom Jones play the Open Air Theatre.
Dave Bronze on bass, using a red Fender Jaguar into a MarkBass head and an Ampeg 8x10 cab.
Absolutely brilliant as usual, and groovy as hell. Thoroughly recommend seeing Tom if you can,
the whole band are amazing and he is singing better than ever.

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

Just to revive the thread, Dave was playing a Lakland Jazz (modified bridge?) with Andy FL at Wimborne last night through a MarkBass 18 plus head. 
He was excellent as always!

Mate of mine went to see Andy FL the other night in Morecambe and was talking to Dave Bronze, telling him I was a fan etc. He gave this to my pal to pass on to me! 

F27B3CC4-0BB4-4DA9-87FE-8EBD61840E96.jpeg

71B2E6FC-F4A7-454C-B540-33934CF9B2C3.jpeg

• Like 2

I was surprised how many notes Dave plays, Pete, but without seeming over busy.

Also, saw on YouTube he played a P the previous night in Pontardawe, so Is clearly not wedded to one guitar. Recall seeing him once play a Lakland J first half, P second half...or was it t’other way around?

Anyhow, you have good taste old chap!

• Like 1