Why become a member? ×

sadowsky 4 or 5????

CHRISDABASS

hi

im in a position to buy a new sadowsky metro

its the natural UV70 models im interested in!

i just wanted some advice regarding the 5 string version!

just how good are sadowsky B strings??? any experience???

ive never really had a 5 string and im very tempted to take the plunge and get one but i dont wanna regret it lol

any advice would be great!! :)

cheers

[quote name='gilmour' post='223161' date='Jun 20 2008, 06:57 PM']If you play with Horns, or Keys a lot then go for the 5 - the extra string is invaluable.[/quote]

That's interesting. Not wanting to show my ignorance to plainly, but why a 5 if you play with keys or horns?

[quote name='Rumble' post='223551' date='Jun 21 2008, 12:51 PM']That's interesting. Not wanting to show my ignorance to plainly, but why a 5 if you play with keys or horns?[/quote]

i think (and i could very very wrong) its becuase 5 strings were invented (in the 80's) to keep up with the low end of synths/keyboards etc

as i said i could be very wrong :)

Sadowsky 5's are some of the best. The Metro is very high quality and is set up and checked by the US team before it is sent out. With a 5 string you get the best of all worlds. You don't have to play low if you don't want to but you can if you need to. Go for it.

[quote name='chris_b' post='223582' date='Jun 21 2008, 01:31 PM']Sadowsky 5's are some of the best. The Metro is very high quality and is set up and checked by the US team before it is sent out. With a 5 string you get the best of all worlds. You don't have to play low if you don't want to but you can if you need to. Go for it.[/quote]

just put a deposit down on this

[url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=06062012385329&guitars=19"]http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars...&guitars=19[/url]

man i cant wait!!!!

im gonna be skint for a while but i dont really care!!

hahahahahahaha :) :huh: :huh:

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='223114' date='Jun 20 2008, 05:38 PM']hi

im in a position to buy a new sadowsky metro

its the natural UV70 models im interested in!

i just wanted some advice regarding the 5 string version!

just how good are sadowsky B strings??? any experience???

ive never really had a 5 string and im very tempted to take the plunge and get one but i dont wanna regret it lol

any advice would be great!! :)

cheers[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
4 OR 5 Pounds?.... i'll take Two!......Should have gone to Specsavers!

[quote name='Rumble' post='223551' date='Jun 21 2008, 12:51 PM']That's interesting. Not wanting to show my ignorance to plainly, but why a 5 if you play with keys or horns?[/quote]
The bit about keys is bollocks - the reason keys took over bass duties in the late 80's early 90's was cos bass players all wanted to slap everything and would not "just play the bass".

Bands with horns may chose to play in horn friendly keys and the more horns the more likely. Horn friendly keys are Bb and Eb because thats the keys horns are tuned to. Obviously being able to go down to Eb helps but does not really explain how all the jazz greats managed with just 4 strings.

hey

ok so ive thought about it! and had some advice from someone (cheers marcus) and ive decided to stick with the 4 string!!

so im changing my order and going for the 4 string UV70 (natural ash with maple board)

im sure i'll be happier in the long run by stickin with what i know works for me rather than taking a gamble on somethin im not 100% sure on!!

cant wait to get it :)

:huh: :huh: :huh:

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='224414' date='Jun 22 2008, 08:07 PM']hey

ok so ive thought about it! and had some advice from someone (cheers marcus) and ive decided to stick with the 4 string!!

so im changing my order and going for the 4 string UV70 (natural ash with maple board)

im sure i'll be happier in the long run by stickin with what i know works for me rather than taking a gamble on somethin im not 100% sure on!!

cant wait to get it :)

:huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]wise man, 5's are just so not necessary. Covers head with hands and waits for the grenades!!!!!!!!