Why become a member? ×

New Bass Day. Out with the screwdrivers!

Telebass

Well, today I chopped in the Pawn Shop Mustang against a used American Special Jazz Bass.

Now, I'm no Jazz man, but the neck was just...wonderful. So now it adorns my favourite P-Bass, and the black-blocks-and-binding J neck from that goes on the P-J.

So now I have two near-perfect (for me) Precisions, and one American Special Jazz with a Mexican Precision neck!

Pics to follow soon!

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1382027163' post='2246895']
Me too! The horrors of renting...
[/quote]

yehbut I own my house - I have no excuse

it was there when I moved in over 2 years ago and I just haven't got around to changing it (i wanna put in a wood floor)

Edited by Twigman

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1381871053' post='2244909']
Well, today I chopped in the Pawn Shop Mustang against a used American Special Jazz Bass.

Now, I'm no Jazz man, but the neck was just...wonderful. So now it adorns my favourite P-Bass, and the black-blocks-and-binding J neck from that goes on the P-J.

So now I have two near-perfect (for me) Precisions, and one American Special Jazz with a Mexican Precision neck!

Pics to follow soon!
[/quote]

I noticed you were looking for a Jazz neck to swap for your MIM Precision neck. Are you still looking? I have a Mighty Mite neck I bought recently to replace the Precision neck on my Jazz, But have now realised I prefer the feel of a P bass neck. It's yours if you want it. It's got an expertly applied Fender logo on it.

It's from this guy on ebay and looks like this precision neck (except it's a Jazz of course) [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lic-by-Fender-60s-Rose-Precision-Bass-Neck-MM2906-/331045142422?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4d13d3ff96"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d13d3ff96[/url]

Edited by gjones

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1382027163' post='2246895']

Me too! The horrors of renting...
[/quote]

Ah........but when renting you have an excuse - when you've owned somewhere for around 10 years and you still have the carpet that was down when you moved in (which was already 10 years out of date) you've nowhere to hide :-)

Edited by mr zed

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1382136449' post='2248673']
Ah........but when renting you have an excuse - when you've owned somewhere for around 10 years and you still have the carpet that was down when you moved in (which was already 10 years out of date) [b]you've nowhere to hide[/b] :-)
[/quote]

How about behind the olive-green Dralon sofa with the suspicious stains on the end cushion?

You'll need to move those bags of old clothes that you were going to take down to the Oxfam shop in 2007, mind ...

;)