Why become a member? ×

So did i get a bargain?

Shockwave

I know a guy here is selling one of these, But i just had to post here.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260253728731&_trksid=p2759.l1259"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sid=p2759.l1259[/url]

Did i do good?

What experiences have you guys had with these basses? I am looking for a musicmanish aggressive fingerstyle tone.

Cheers! Rob.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='223376' date='Jun 21 2008, 01:03 AM']Based on the fact that the guy on here is trying to get £400 for his i think you got a pretty good deal.[/quote]

Yeah thats me. Cort's RRP is like £900 so i'd say £150 is an amazing deal. It doesn't sound quite like my musicman but the slap and wah switches, two pickups and 3EQ offer a wide range of tones/sounds. It's a very comfortable bass when setup properly and is fast and easy to play. Just one thing, the sound of the bass is largely dependant on what strings you've got on it, so you might have to experiment with different strings for a bit.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='223875' date='Jun 21 2008, 10:42 PM']Well i usually use Stainless steel 90-30 roundwounds.[/quote]

Yeah, most stainless steel strings should be alright, DR Lo-Riders or Fat Beams are my favourites on the Cort from experience (a bit heavier guage than what you play with, probably 100-40). I used to use EB super slinkys but they tend to go dead quite quickly.