Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

That in a 4 string would be great in my Glam band. If it had a thinner neck :biggrin:

Can i ask out of curiosity where do set the on board EQ. I tend to set mine flat (centre detent) on active basses and adjust my amp to suit and that gives me on board adjustment if needed quickly.

I only ask because i once read that Stingray players tend to turn the Bass and Treble up quite a bit almost full to get that distinct Stingray tone.

Dave

I like boosted mids. Starting from flat, I usually have the mids about three-quarters full, bass about a third of the way up and roll off the treble a fraction. Having said that, I've only had it for a few weeks and I'm still experimenting with different tones. I'll try cranking the treble a bit more next rehearsal.

Oh, and the Corstorphine branch of Guitar Guitar has the four-string in the same finish, if your credit card's feeling itchy 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lozkerr said:

I like boosted mids. Starting from flat, I usually have the mids about three-quarters full, bass about a third of the way up and roll off the treble a fraction. Having said that, I've only had it for a few weeks and I'm still experimenting with different tones. I'll try cranking the treble a bit more next rehearsal.

Oh, and the Corstorphine branch of Guitar Guitar has the four-string in the same finish, if your credit card's feeling itchy 😉

Just got my Mesa TT800 after a 3yr wait and would find it hard to justify a new bass but it is tempting. I'm off for a wee look at their page.

I hate you for this @lozkerr :laugh1:

Dave

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, msb said:

The TT is a great amp!

Have you been using both channels on gigs? 

Not gigged it yet. Only arrived during the week. Need to wait until next Sat to test it at a gig. 

So far i'm liking the Boogie channel a lot and can get most of the tones i like just by adjusting the Sandberg VM4 EQ.

Was never able to do that with my other amps.

Dave.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, EssexBuccaneer said:

Got sent this from the local rag, not something I typically read, but happy with my spot there 🤣93e194bd-b508-4cee-8e2f-e93a4cfeab7e.thumb.jpeg.d61e04bf16a0679695655a56a6e62846.jpeg

Bass player front and centre as it should be. After all they are THE most important person in any band. :laugh1:

Well done

Dave

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Rich said:

Here’s 2 pics of me, one in deep thought whilst in Westfield Stratford and the other is a screenshot from a recent YouTube livestream from my church 😁👍🏻

a6e4a054-4bc2-4d13-ab92-1624af608e5e.jpeg

IMG_5698.png

I can see that fawn coloured shorts are your image hook there. :biggrin:

So how was the gig and what gear were you using. ? Yes i am very geeky :hi:

In both pics you look as tho you are focused on something or other.

Pic 1 i reckon you're thinking about what bass to use tonight.

Pic 2 "i should have brought the Jazz". 

Dave :laugh1:

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Haha 1

@dmccombe7 I played my Squier 40th Anniversary P-Bass strung with La Bella Deep Talkin’ Bass flatwounds through a Boss TU-3 tuner, an Ampeg OCTOCOMP and a Darkglass Microtubes B7K Ultra V2 XLR’d straight into the desk.  My only gig is playing in my churches Worship Team, it always sounds great and the shorts are always tan 😁👍🏻

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Rich said:

Here’s 2 pics of me, one in deep thought whilst in Westfield Stratford and the other is a screenshot from a recent YouTube livestream from my church 😁👍🏻

a6e4a054-4bc2-4d13-ab92-1624af608e5e.jpeg

If churches had bouncers...

👍🏻

"You want to come in....?  Oh go on then! Welcome!"

Edited by bass_dinger
  • Haha 1