Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

On 23/08/2024 at 09:56, NancyJohnson said:

Me and the wife.

Photo-04-12-2019-13-04-55.thumb.jpg.9fb24a43cac46847a20a5039b0ca2073.jpg

Of all the photos on the thread, this was furthest from what I imagined a basschatter would look like. 

Initially, I thought that you _were_ Nancy Johnson. Latterly, I concluded that you would be a geriatric punk rocker.

But it turns out that I was very wrong.  It must be the face cream that keeps you looking young!

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Rich said:

@dmccombe7 I played my Squier 40th Anniversary P-Bass strung with La Bella Deep Talkin’ Bass flatwounds through a Boss TU-3 tuner, an Ampeg OCTOCOMP and a Darkglass Microtubes B7K Ultra V2 XLR’d straight into the desk.  My only gig is playing in my churches Worship Team, it always sounds great and the shorts are always tan 😁👍🏻

Thanks for sharing your gear Rich its an interesting set up and being a bass geek its always good to see what others are using. 

Do you mind if i ask are you using IEM if not using a cab or relying on PA to hear yourself. ?

Dave

2 hours ago, Franticsmurf said:

One from each gig last weekend.

Friday - fresh faced, energetic, ready to go.

DSCG3241.thumb.jpg.e2310a1d6bdfc9d8afde8c45ae72a0fc.jpg

Saturday - after a stressful journey home and little sleep the night before.

DSCG3347.thumb.jpg.a4eef23be757999662bb13d0b628e20b.jpg

Now that's a great idea. A before and after sort of thing. We just need the final "after" pic to complete the set :biggrin:

2 gigs in a trot with a long drive kills me these days and i'm not so keen on it altho once the gear is set up and i've been fed and get on stage to play the adrenalin must kick in and i love it all over again until the following morning and i'm completely wiped out. :laugh1:

Dave

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Do you mind if i ask are you using IEM if not using a cab or relying on PA to hear yourself. ?

Dave

No cabs, everything we hear is through IEMs.  I’ve only started using IEMs recently and I love them 😍 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

Of all the photos on the thread, this was furthest from what I imagined a basschatter would look like. 

Initially, I thought that you _were_ Nancy Johnson. Latterly, I concluded that you would be a geriatric punk rocker.

But it turns out that I was very wrong.  It must be the face cream that keeps you looking young!

Aah, the Blue Lagoon, Iceland.

Years ago my mother stoically gave me several bits of sage advice.  'Don't smoke, stay out of the sun where possible, drink in moderation and find yourself a decent moisturiser.'

My dad had skin that resembled dry leather; much as I loved him I didn't want that, so I've followed all three for 40+ years.

Here's a recent one.

IMG-20240723-WA0017.thumb.jpg.f1db13e06f8d490b7c62c2ceff88c0e8.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Aah, the Blue Lagoon, Iceland.

Years ago my mother stoically gave me several bits of sage advice.  'Don't smoke, stay out of the sun where possible, drink in moderation and find yourself a decent moisturiser.'

My dad had skin that resembled dry leather; much as I loved him I didn't want that, so I've followed all three for 40+ years.

Here's a recent one.

IMG-20240723-WA0017.thumb.jpg.f1db13e06f8d490b7c62c2ceff88c0e8.jpg

Well, having three beers at once, do you think you are still following your mother's "drink in moderation" advice? 😉 

• Haha 6